Sunday, November 28, 2021

Memory Verses


I am very grateful that God has given me an opportunity to reach out to the whole world.  I have visitors here from, of course, North America, but also, South America, Europe, Asia, Oceania, and even Africa.  I am truly blessed.

I regularly pray for the persecuted Church.  I can't imagine what it would be like to wake up every morning and tell your children, "Today might be the day they come for us. Just remember, it will only hurt for a little while and then we will be with Jesus."


What about those in North Korea that have to watch their family members starve to death in 'Re-education Camps' or a family that watched their loved one doused in gasoline and burned alive for his faith.  May God help them.


As I was praying and asking God to show me ways I could help.  He prompted me to create a post of memory verses.  There are places where Bibles are illegal but there is access to the internet. Someone could visit this site casually and have access to key Bible verses.


If you are a Christian, please join me in praying for our persecuted brothers and sisters around the world.  If you can give, please visit the websites of organizations like, Open Doors and Voice of the Martyrs. These websites have other way to help as well.


So let's read the Bible, Yay! I'm going to use the ESV translation.  I will link the verses to Bible Hub.com where you can change the verse into any translation you like. They have many study tools there as well.  The words of Jesus are in red.  I wanted to get this post up so it is incomplete. I will be adding to it regularly.

The Character of God:

Isaiah 40:28Have you not known? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He does not faint or grow weary; his understanding is unsearchable.

Numbers 23:19God is not man, that he should lie, or a son of man, that he should change his mind. Has he said, and will he not do it? Or has he spoken, and will he not fulfill it?


Psalm 18:30This God—his way is perfect; the word of the LORD proves true; he is a shield for all those who take refuge in him.

Psalm 116:5Gracious is the LORD, and righteous; our God is merciful.

Who is Jesus?


John 1:1-4In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made. In him was life, and the life was the light of men.

John 1:14And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth.


John 20:28,  Thomas answered him, “My Lord and my God!” Jesus said to him, “Have you believed because you have seen me? Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”


John 14:6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

Verses on Salvation (The Roman Road and others):

Romans 3:10, As it is written: "None is righteous, no not one."

Romans 3:23, For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.


Romans 4:8, Blessed is the man against whom the Lord will not count his sin.


Romans 5:8, But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us


Romans 6:23For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.


Romans 10:9-10,13,Because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved. For “everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”


2 Corinthians 6:2For he says, “In a favorable time I listened to you, and in a day of salvation I have helped you.” Behold, now is the favorable time; behold, now is the day of salvation.


John 3:16For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.


Hebrews 7:25Consequently, he is able to save to the uttermost those who draw near to God through him, since he always lives to make intercession for them.

Comfort in sorrow:

Matthew 5:4Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.

Matthew 11:28-30Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Psalm 23The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside still water.  He restores my soul. He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name’s sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; you anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I shall dwell in the house of the LORD forever.



Psalm 46:1God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.

John 14:1-4, Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me. In my Father’s house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also. And you know the way to where I am going.

Courage in trouble:    

Deuteronomy 31:8It is the LORD who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not leave you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed.

Joshua 1:9Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go. 


John 16:33I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.

Mark 5:36, But overhearing what they said, Jesus said to the ruler of the synagogue, “Do not fear, only believe."



Isaiah 41:10, Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you,I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Verses of Warning:


Proverbs 6:16-19, There are six things that the Lord hates, seven that are an abomination to Him: haughty eyes, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that devises wicked plans, feet that make haste to run to evil, a false witness who breathes out lies, and one who sows discord among brothers.

Isaiah 26:21, For behold, the Lord is about to come out from His place to punish the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquity, and the earth will reveal her bloodshed and will no longer cover her slain.

1 Thessalonians 4:6, ...the Lord is an avenger in all these things, as we told you beforehand and solemnly warned you.

Romans 2:12, For all who have sinned without the law will also perish without the law, and all who have sinned under the law will be judged by the law.

Psalm 37:38, But transgressors shall be altogether destroyed; the future of the wicked shall be cut off. 

Proverbs 11:21, Be assured, an evil person will not go unpunished, but the offspring of the righteous will be delivered. 

Romans 2:5-6, But because of your hard and impenitent heart you are storing up wrath for yourself on the day of wrath when God's righteous Judgment will be revealed.  He will render to each one according to his works.

Matthew 3:10, Even now the axe is laid to the root of the trees.  Every tree therefore that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.

Psalm 7:15-16, He makes a pit, digging it out, and falls into the hole that he has made.  His mischief returns upon his own head and on his own skull his violence descends.

Revelation 20:13, 15, And the sea gave up the dead who were in it, Death and Hades gave up the dead who were in them, and they were judged, each one of them according to what they had done. And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

Revelation 21:8, But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death.





No comments:

Post a Comment